Thursday, April 1, 2010

life with R & K

So I've been a mom with two kids for 5 days now, and it's going great! lol The night we brought Kira home she slept all through the night, but Riley woke me up at 1:30am saying "mama, can you clean me up?" I smelled something really gross so I knew it was not going to be pretty. He had thrown up (milk) all over himself, his bed, & the floor next to his bed. So that was an interesting night. He was sick all the next day & most of yesterday. I don't know what it is but every so often he gets this sour stomach thing where milk will not stay in his body. And he LOVES milk. All he drinks is milk & water. He doesn't like juice at all, isn't that weird? Most kids are all about juice! But not my Riley. He's back to his old self today, thank goodness. I steam cleaned his carpet once but it still smells so I need to do that again today.

Kira, my princess, is just perfect. She had her first Dr. visit yesterday and that went great. She did lose a little weight, but that's normal for a newborn. I don't see HOW that happened, because she eats like a little piglet. :) Especially when Daddy feeds her, she makes these noises like a little piggie, it's so cute.

Today I'm taking a bunch of stuff to the Goodwill...I love getting rid of crap! It's amazing how much STUFF we accumulate over time. While I'm there I'm going to see if they have a pretty basket to set Kira in for an Easter photo shoot. Nothing cuter than a baby in a basket...or a bucket...or just sitting there looking adorable! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment