Thursday, December 9, 2010

oh christmas tree(s)!


It's time for Thrifty Decor Chick's Tree Party! I absolutely love having a tree at Christmas time. When I'm in the room with one I just sit there and stare at it...I can't help myself!

Our main tree. It's 8 feet tall and used to be mom's, thanks mama! It is fake...growing up we'd always get a real tree but I'm a fake tree convert now. I like being able to bend the branches the way i want them to go. I don't feel like I'm done decorating this tree yet; I need to go to Hobby Lobby but haven't had the chance! The colors are not traditional Christmas, it's kind of rainbow-y. This one has all our special family ornaments and will have the ones the kids make when they start doing that. I need to find something to make with Riley for this year...


Lennox angels with the boys' names on them from my mom

I used to have two Jimi Hendrix ornaments and one broke this year, so this one is extra special! ha

A new one for Riley this year :)

good old Chewie

i was pretty happy to put this one up this year!

My mom got me the A R & K so I decided they needed their own tree. Riley decided he wanted his picture taken too!

This tree is in my bedroom! It's our old tree, and since I have enough ornaments for it and there was a space for it, of course i had to put it up. The color scheme on this one is red, lime green and turquoise. All my santa ornaments are on this one, mixed with a couple Mickeys and snowmen.



This one and the next one were given to my mom by my grandma on my dad's side, and she gave them to me this year. When I was 19 we had a fire in our attic and all our Christmas ornament burned up so these are so very special to me.



this Mickey looks antique but he's not


there are hundreds of pretty trees to look at, and add your own! get to the party!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you put a tree in your bedroom! What a terrific idea. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete