Saturday, February 6, 2010

YES!!!

Riley has now gone peepee on the potty TWICE! Last night after his bath he said he wanted to sit on the potty, so he did and he went pee!! The past few nights he's stood up in the tub and peed in there, so I guess he was working up to actually sitting on the potty. This morning he said he needed to take his diaper off and sit on the potty, and he did it again!!!! :) I am just so proud. I haven't really pushed potty training because I don't want to screw him up mentally. But I have been kind of worrying about it a little bit, because Kira will be here before we know it and I REALLY don't want to have to deal with two sets of dirty diapers. I have been telling him that it's a rule that if there's two kids in the house, the youngest one gets to be in diapers and the older one has to wear big boy underpants. I'm sure I'm not the only mother in history to tell her kid this!

He still doesn't want to wear underwear though. We have literally every cartoon character, color & pattern of undies out there and he just does not want to wear them! He'll wear a pair every now & then for a little while, but he always ends up asking to have a dipe back on. I asked him if he wanted to wear undies today and got a big fat "No".

So...baby steps! He's getting there and I'm so proud!!! :P

1 comment: